Saturday, June 7, 2008

1982

My 5th grade class. My teacher was Mrs. Giovane. She was a good teacher. There were a couple new kids in the class from the Air Force base - but that was pretty normal for them to come and go. Joan was the class helper.
I turned 11 this year. This is also the summer Mom and Dad divorced. Dad made my birthday cake this year. I had a slumber party as well. My first one ever! Guess what I got for my birthday? A fishing pole and tackle box! I was so excited! Dad would let Lynda and I ride in the back of the truck to go fishing. Well one time I was holding my fishing pole and dad hit a bump. That was the end of my fishing pole. I sat on it and it broke. I never did get another one. My tackle box came in handy though. Sometimes Lynda and I would ride our little Schwinn bikes the 5 miles to the hatchery where dad worked. We would bring him his lunch in our tackle boxes! lol We usually made him is favorite of peanut butter, mayo and pickles.








My and my fishing pole and tackle box.

No comments: