Thursday, June 5, 2008

14 months old...visiting more relatives.


Going on vacation.


Visiting Great Grandma Calkins. She lived in Hagerman, Idaho. I don't know that I have very many pictures of her. I do remember she lived right on a main road. Maybe a highway. She lived in this really neat stone house. I loved the stones that made that house. I remember staying there at least once by myself. I got to sleep in the spare bed. It had a white bedspread on it. Grandma even let me see her room. The whole room was pink! Very pink - almost a hot pink shade. I guess she really liked that color!
When we visited as a family sometimes Lynda and I had to sleep in the basement. That scared the tar out of me because it was so dark. When the light was out - you couldn't see anything. At all. Ever. Grandma was a great quilter too. I remember she had a quilt stand set up in the basement as well.



Visiting with Great Grandma and Grandpa Slane. They lived in Idaho. I want to say Hagerman - but I don't know about that. Grandpa was a gruffy grandpa. Grandma was a good cook. I remember they had this old claw bathtub in the bathroom. Their house smelled like old people and grandpa had a roof over the cellar that went all the way to the ground. When Lynda and I were old enough to explore - we wanted so badly to climb that roof. Grandpa and Dad caught us at it a few times. We got in trouble. Grandma introduced me to honeydew melon. I thought it looked weird because it was green. They also had this huge round glass end table that had hundreds of seashells. I loved sitting and looking at all the shells. There weren't very many toys or books so we did get pretty bored there.





No comments: