Friday, June 6, 2008

1976 NOT 1776

Winthrop, Washington. Mom helping Lynda I think with her snowsuit. I remember sitting in the snowbank in the picture background - just down the road a bit. Look at all that snow!

Christmas 1976 at Leavenworth, Washington.

My Kindergarten school picture.

August 1976, Leavenworth, Washington.

Here I am sitting on the gigantic lawn we had holding one of the pups from Babe's litter. We were living in Winthrop, Washington at the time. Dad always had an English Springer Spaniel while we were growing up. The girls were all named Babe. I remember going with dad to take the puppies to the vet so the tails could be chopped off. I felt really sad for the puppies after that. They didn't seem to notice too much.
I turned 5 years old. We were at Winthrop, Washington. I was excited because I could start school in the fall!

Spring 1976. I got to visit Grandma and Grandpa Stone by myself! I am not sure how that came about - but it was fun. I went to school with Aunt Pati. I remember taking a package of graham crackers and sitting while she played tennis then went to an art class with her. Then she took me back to Grandma's house. I had fun. Grandpa always had a stash of dried apricots and candies like laffy taffy in the basement. He always let Lynda and I fill up - usually right before dinner. Oops!


Back to Winthrop, Washington. 1976. Oh boy! Do I remember this! The crispy, crunchy cold snow! It was 5 feet that year I believe. Dad would pull us on the sled. Those red snow suits would get so hot too! But they did have those cool zippers down by the boots so we could get them on easier! I think one of us left it behind the car and Mom ran it over. We weren't very good at putting our toys away.

No comments: